Pork Roast with Fennel, Lemon, and Sage
3-4 lb. pork shoulder roast
1 large yellow onion, quartered
2 carrots, cut in half
2 celery, cut into thirds
1 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
2 tsp. fennel pollen
zest of 1 lemon
2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 cloves garlic
3 tbsp. fresh rosemary
2 tbsp. fresh mint
3 tbsp. fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to a shallow baking pan season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Add chicken stock to vegetables.
- In a food processor, add the fennel pollen, lemon zest, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, rosemary, mint, and sage and puree until smooth.
- Take spice mixture and rub all over the meat, and place on top of vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for 2-2.5 hours until the skin is crispy and meat is tender.