Avocado Pesto Zucchini Zoodles
- 1.5 oz or 1 cup basil
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 medium-sized organic zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- With a julienne peeler or mandolin, slowly take the peeler and run it down the side of the zucchini making thin longs strips. Stop once you get to inner layers of the zucchini and seeds. Set aside in a bowl.
- In a food processor, add the basil, almonds, lemon zest, garlic, parmesan, avocado, olive oil, water and kosher salt. Puree until creamy and smooth.
- In a sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan and then add the zucchini noodles and a few dollops of the pesto and stir until incorporated. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the desired doneness of the zucchini. Garnish with grated parmesan.