Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 people
Calories 255 kcal
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas drained
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Dash ground paprika for garnish
Add chickpeas to food processor and puree until it forms a smooth paste.
Add lemon juice, tahini, garlic clove, olive oil, cumin, and water and puree until creamy.
Add salt to taste and puree one final time.
Put hummus in a serving bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of paprika.
Serve with assorted vegetables and pita chips.
Amount Per Serving (1 g)
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17g 26%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Sodium 321mg 13%
Potassium 247mg 7%
Total Carbohydrates 19g 6%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 0.3%
Vitamin C 8.2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.