Lemon Garlic Spatchcock Chicken
- 1-3.5 lb whole chicken, backbone cut out
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 bulb of garlic, cut in half
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- Add paprika, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon pepper, in a small bowl and mix well.
- Take spice mixture and rub it all over the chicken.
- Place chicken in a cast iron skillet, skin side up. Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the chicken and leave in the cast iron skillet. Add the garlic to the skillet, with the garlic facing down. Add the chicken broth or stock.
- Brush the chicken with butter.
- Bake in a 425-degree oven for 45-50 minutes until done. Let cool for ten minutes.
- Cut the chicken into quarters and pour the chicken drippings from the skillet onto the chicken.