Asian Glazed Salmon & Quinoa Fried “Rice”
- 2 lbs. wild salmon portioned into 4-8oz. servings
- ¼ cup Ponzu citrus seasoned dressing sauce
- 1 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scallions sliced
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Sriracha for serving
Asian Glazed Salmon
1. Preheat the broiler. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Place the salmon fillets on a broiler pan and baste with the sauce. Broil salmon until cooked through, about 8 minutes, basting again with the glaze.
2. Remove the salmon from the heat and baste once more with the glaze before serving.
Quinoa Fried "Rice
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
3. Add an additional 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté onions, carrots, ginger, and peas season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion and carrots are soft.
4. Increase heat to high, add in cooked quinoa, and soy sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Then add in the eggs and stir to combine.
5. Add the sesame oil, and scallions, and stir to combine, and remove from heat.
Best. Sandwich. Ever. I think sandwiches are a great idea for a quick weeknight meal. Serve this to your family, and you'll want a sandwich every night.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1lb Shrimp large, peeled, & deveined
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 hoagie rolls or Italian rolls
- 4 pieces Bibb lettuce
- 1 beefsteak tomato thinly sliced
1. Remoulade: Combine in a bowl, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon sweet relish, 1/2 tablespoon onion powder, 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Shrimp Breading: Combine in a bowl 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour, 1/2 cup of cornmeal, 1/2 tablespoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
3. Beat 1 egg, and 1/2 cup of milk in a bowl. Dip shrimp in egg mixture, then into breading mixture.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add breaded shrimp to the hot oil and fry them 5 to 6 minutes or until firm and deeply golden all over.
5. Pile lettuce and tomato on rolls and top with shrimp. Top shrimp with remoulade.