Best. Sandwich. Ever. I think sandwiches are a great idea for a quick weeknight meal. Serve this to your family, and you’ll want a sandwich every night.
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1lb, large peeled and deveined shrimp
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweet relish
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
A pinch of salt and pepper
1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup of cornmeal
1/2 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
4 hoagie rolls, or Italian rolls
4 pieces Bibb lettuce
1 beefsteak tomato, thinly sliced
1. Remoulade: Combine in a bowl, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon sweet relish, 1/2 tablespoon onion powder, 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Shrimp Breading: Combine in a bowl 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour, 1/2 cup of cornmeal, 1/2 tablespoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
3. Beat 1 egg, and 1/2 cup of milk in a bowl. Dip shrimp in egg mixture, then into breading mixture.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add breaded shrimp to the hot oil and fry them 5 to 6 minutes or until firm and deeply golden all over.
5. Pile lettuce and tomato on rolls and top with shrimp. Top shrimp with remoulade.