Thai Peanut Noodles with Shrimp
- 10 oz rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup snap peas, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb. medium sized shrimp, deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 lime, sliced in wedges for garnish
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and salt. Add rice noodles and turn off heat. Allow noodles to sit for at least 5-7 minutes.
- Add all ingredients for sauce in a medium-sized bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Saute onions, peppers, carrots, for 3 minutes, then add snow peas and garlic.
- Add shrimp to sautéed vegetables, and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles to shrimp, then add sauce and mix well. If the sauce is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water to loosen the sauce. Cook for a few minutes until sauce is warmed through.
- Add cilantro and mint. Garnish with scallions, and serve with a slice of lime.