Shrimp with Charred Corn Salsa
- 1 lb. 16-20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ears, shucked corn
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and set aside.
- On an open flame on the burner of your gas stove, place the corn directly on top of the burner. Rotate corn for two minutes on each side until corn is charred. You will hear popping sounds-which is a good thing! Once corn becomes charred, let cool before removing kernels with a knife into a bowl.
- Add red onion, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to the corn and mix well. Set aside.
- In a cast iron pan on medium-high heat, add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shrimp and saute on each side for 3 minutes.
- Add corn salad to a plate and top with shrimp.