Seared Scallops with Creamed Corn
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 dozen sea scallops, cleaned and dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mache or corn shoots for garnish
- Using a knife, remove the corn from the cob.
- Add butter to saute pan and add corn and saute until corn becomes tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add heavy cream and sugar and let cook until the cream starts to thicken about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil to cast iron pan over medium heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper, and add to pan. Cook on each side for 2 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of the creamed corn to a plate and place the scallops on top. Garnish with mache or corn shoots.