Scallops with Mint Pea Puree´
Serves 4 as appetizer, or 2 as entree´
- 1 dozen sea scallops (side muscle removed)
- Kosher salt
- 1- 16oz. bag of frozen peas, thawed
- 5 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. mint leaves
- Bring four cups of water to a boil in medium saucepan and cook peas until peas are bright green about 3-4 minutes. Drain. Set aside ½ cup peas for garnish. Add remaining peas, mint, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil to blender and puree until smooth and creamy. If mixture is too thick, add a tablespoon of water to help thin out mixture.
- Rinse scallops under cold water to remove any grit. Dry completely with a paper towel. Season with kosher salt. Set aside.
- In cast iron skillet add 1 tbsp. of olive oil, and heat on medium high. Add scallops to pan and sear on each side for 3 minutes.
- Divide puree between 4 plates, and top with scallops. Garnish with remaining ½ cup peas and mint.